Do you have a beige couch and you’re wondering what decorations to pair it with?
Here’s the good news: beige is an incredibly versatile color. It can go with an endless variety of decorations, so you can really have fun styling a room with a beige couch.
We’ve done some looking in regards to popular styles for decorating in beige. In this guide, we’ll be happy to show you what we believe are some of the best area rugs for a beige couch.
We’ll discuss the following topics:
- What sort of factors to consider as you look at area rugs
- Our selections for the best area rugs to go with a beige couch
- Our overall recommendation and stylistic advice
Factors to Consider
Color Schemes and Themes
If you’re wondering what kind of area rug would work well with a beige couch, then you’re most likely wondering more specifically about good color combinations.
The good thing about beige is it’s sort of like a blank canvas. You can mix and match it with just about anything to get an attractive result.
So really, the sky is the limit. We recommend stopping to consider what some of your favorite color combinations and themes are first.
For an invigorating beachy feel, try looking for navy or blue-colored area rugs. The beige of your couch will look like a sandy beach against a backdrop of ocean.
Want something that will really spice up your room? An animal print area rug will add some life.
Or, if you’re into earthy and natural themes, consider rugs with a lot of green or a floral pattern. A beige couch will anchor these kinds of color schemes nicely.
One of the things we always recommend thinking about is what a rug is made out of. Some materials are better for certain purposes than others.
For example, take stain resistance and durability into consideration. Synthetic materials like polypropylene and nylon are wonderful in this regard.
As an added bonus, they’re also hypoallergenic. So if you have allergies, you might do well to consider a rug made from these.
Cotton is also great for sensitive skin, and it’s usually really soft. Think about this kind of material if you’d prefer something more natural.
You’ve probably stepped onto a thick rug and felt your feet sink in before. Likewise, you’ve probably seen rugs that are really thin and that you can feel the floor through when you walk on them.
This is primarily because of the rug’s pile height. Pile height refers to how thick the material on top is, and therefore how “tall” the rug itself is.
You might think it’s a no-brainer to want a thick rug with a high pile height simply because it feels nice to step on. However, rugs like that also tend not sit as well under furniture, or they might obstruct and snag on doors.
Make sure you decide whether you want a thick or thin rug. This largely depends on where you’re going to be putting it and your own personal preferences.
Best Area Rugs for a Beige Couch
The largely neutral tones in the Indira Abstract Area Rug will highlight the beige of your couch while also adding a bit of contrast for some extra pizzazz. It comes in a few color combinations, so you can get navy blue, light blue, orange, or even a color scheme that has pink, green, and yellow in it.
As far as pile height goes, this rug has a lower height. That means it can rest underneath your furniture or a door without blocking it.
- Can provide some welcome contrast to beige.
- Low pile height to fit beneath your furniture or a door.
- Made from durable material that’s resistant to mold, mildew, and stains.
- Easy to clean.
- A few customers said it was thinner than they expected, so you may need to put a pad under it if you want something that feels spongy.
This area rug is another option that can accentuate a beige couch while providing a little bit of contrast. That contrast comes from darker patches that add a nice depth to the color scheme of the room.
Because it’s made from polypropylene, you can also expect this rug to be durable. It’s wonderful for rooms with a high amount of traffic because it’s resistant to staining.
- Matches with beige and has darker patches for a little contrast.
- Made from stain-, mold- and mildew-resistant polypropylene.
- The material is also hypoallergenic.
- The jute backing promotes this rug’s durability.
- Low profile to fit in entryways or under furniture.
- Easy to clean.
- A few customers have noted that it’s a bit thin.
- Some have said it has a slight odor at first and may need to air out.
If you’re searching for a rug that will bring nature into your home, the Allard Floral Hand-Hooked Area Rug is a beautiful choice. The floral pattern will make any room in your house feel a little bit like a garden.
Interestingly, the pattern on this rug is hand-hooked. It gives the rug a personal touch that is sometimes missing from those that are machine-printed.
- Beautiful and natural-looking floral pattern.
- Hand-hooking is a nice personal touch.
- Medium pile height, so it’s soft and thick to step on.
- You can get it in three different stunning color combinations.
- Since it’s looped, the fibers can snag in a cat’s or dog’s claws.
- Some customers have said it can shed a little bit.
Want to know which area rugs are best for homes with pets? We’ve outlined some great choices in our guide here.
With the nuLoom Iraida Faux Cowhide Shaped Rug, you can take a bit of a walk on the wild side in the comfort of your own home. The bold animal print can bestow a little exotic spice in any room.
Also, because it has a low profile, it squeezes under doorways and furniture without a problem. It won’t snag on your doors at all.
Made from synthetic fibers, it’s a breeze to clean. And since the cowhide is artificial, you can enjoy the look of it without worrying about animals having been harmed in the process.
- Bold and fun animal print.
- Soft feel.
- Durable synthetic material.
- Won’t obstruct your doorways.
- Easy to clean.
- Can slip around on your floor, so you might want to purchase a pad to put underneath it.
A pop of bright color is often an excellent way to decorate a room with a beige couch. It adds a little bit of a zest to what would otherwise be a neutral space.
This Melrose Geometric Area Rug can help you achieve just that. The gray and yellow combination would bring some bright light to your room, and the geometric pattern looks classy.
Of course, if you don’t like the yellow, you can get it in neutral shades with the same pattern, too.
- Intriguing pattern.
- Yellow color combination could bring some light into your room.
- Non-shedding material, so you won’t find pieces of it all over your house.
- Resists stains, which makes it ideal for homes with children or pets.
- Has a sturdy jute backing.
- Some owners said the colors can vary from the pictures.
The timeless lattice pattern on this Unique Loom rug would catch anyone’s eye. And if you get it in green, it can combine with your beige couch for a truly lovely and earthy atmosphere.
However, if that’s not the kind of effect you want to go for, it comes in tons of colors. Whichever color scheme you prefer, you’ll no doubt be able to find a color in this rug that will blend right in.
- A little thicker than some other options, so it will feel soft.
- Because of its polypropylene material, it resists stains, mildew, and mold.
- Easy to clean.
- A good pick for homes with kids and pets.
- Tons of color choices.
- You’ll need a pad beneath it to keep it from sliding around on hard floors.
A lot of unique looks are combined into one place with this Genevra area rug. You’ll find geometric, floral, and paisley patterns in the various panels.
As a result, it looks particularly cute and quirky. This is a rug with character, and it would definitely draw the eye of you or your guests.
With a neutral backdrop of beige, this kind of rug will give you the freedom to experiment with quite a few color combinations in the room.
- Quirky panels with all kinds of patterns.
- Will not stain easily.
- Made from long-lasting nylon.
- Simple to clean.
- Friendly option for pets and kids.
- Resists fading.
- The colors appear a little less vivid in person, according to some customers.
For an absolutely indulgent mood, consider this Modern Geometric Comfy Casual Area Rug. The spirals are reminiscent of steam rising from a mug of coffee, and it would be a pleasure to look at as you sit on your beige couch with a cup of your own brew.
Furthermore, the spiral is hand-carved. Like other handmade things, this gives a kind of life to the area rug that you might not see in many other places.
If the spiral pattern isn’t for you, the rug comes in a variety of colors and patterns.
- Comes in a huge variety of patterns and colors.
- Available in a range of sizes to fit all kinds of rooms.
- Has hand-carved designs.
- Made to endure for years.
- Resistant to both fading and stains.
- Easy cleaning.
- You may need a carpet pad to keep it in place.
Beige is wonderfully flexible color to add to any palette. With a beige couch, there are so many color combinations and schemes you can explore.
The rugs in this guide demonstrate some potential directions you could go in. While they’re all beautiful in their own way, if we had to pick one, we’d go for the Modern Geometric Comfy Casual Area Rug.
Our favorite pattern from all of its options is the swirl. It looks absolutely decadent, and we love the hand carving.