Charades can quickly turn a dull gathering into a night you’ll remember forever. But there’s nothing wrong with spicing it up sometimes. With these 10 board games like charades, you can take the fun to a whole new level…
Check them out below, you’ll love them…
- Fast paced games don’t last very long and only take around 20 minutes, making this game a great one for players who are in a hurry.
- Rounds can be played back to back if players want to enjoy more game time, but no game will ever be the same, so players won’t get bored.
- Contains more than 280 cards to make it easy for continued games.
- Hoopla has great photography on the cards, which often inspires stories and turns playing a game into a wonderful bonding experience for the players.
- Can be played by only two players, but works well with larger groups, as well.
- The instructions are clear and easy to understand, which makes this a great game for even younger teens to enjoy.
- Players work together to add sound effects to performances, perform sketches, make brainteasers, and solve challenges to try to gain points and win.
Time’s Up! Title Recall!
- Players have to guess the titles of books, songs, films, and more.
- One player tries to get their teammates to guess titles over the course of three rounds.
- The first round consists of the player trying to get teammates to guess titles in just 30 seconds with any type of clue, the second round allows only one word per clue, and in the third round, players can’t use any words at all.
- Requires players to really pay attention to each other and to be willing to act out the words that they are trying to portray.
- Players take turns being the team leader, which means that everyone will have a chance to guess and to act out the words for their team.
- Gameplay is very fast and doesn’t have much down time, it’s even enjoyable to watch the other team try to guess their words, which means that people won’t get bored.
- Features expansion packs
- Contains 5,000 different phrases and words that players will have to act out for the rest of the team for them to guess.
- The built-in timer tracks the time for the players and will buzz when time has run out so that there isn’t any arguing over whether or not the players can keep acting.
- Rules are very simple and the game can be easily understood by most players without any problems.
- The word to be acted out appears on the game, making it easy for players to know what to act out without having to draw cards.
- Scores of both teams are kept electronically and can be viewed with the touch of a button.
- The game is easy to handle and to pass from person to person, making it great when players are involved in a speed round.
- Players try to match symbols on cards and provide examples of the categories that are given on their opponent’s cards.
- While this game is very easy to learn and fast paced, it’s not a great option for younger children due to possible adult content.
- Rounds only take between 20 and 30 minutes, making this a quick game to enjoy when you are in a hurry.
- Players have to shout out answers and they need to make sure that they are heard to get the points that they deserve.
- Each player draws a card and places it face up on the table, showing the symbols.
- When two symbols match, players have to give examples of items in other categories, without repeating ones that have already been said during the game.
- Instead of having only one person act out the clue on the card, a whole team has to work together to act out for one person to be able to guess.
- Reduces the stress that people feel when they are on the spot trying to act out charades for a large group.
- Players take turns acting and guessing, and the fast pace of this game prevents players from being bored or feeling like they aren’t really included.
- The setup and cleanup of this game is very fast, making it easy to get started.
- Acts as a perfect icebreaker for parties, and can be used by very large groups without any problem.
- Perfect for players of all ages, including younger kids, teens, and even adults, since everyone can play, no matter how old they are.
- With 500 words and phrases to act out, it’s easy to see how this game has great replayability and will last for years.
- Fast drawing game that requires players to draw a picture of the card that they have drawn, not act it out.
- Great option for players who aren’t very comfortable getting up in front of groups, but still want to participate in a game together.
- Comes with all of the pieces that you need to draw over and over without wasting paper.
- Has 80 junior cards and 120 adult cards, which means that this game can be enjoyed by players of all ages without younger participants feeling left out.
- Scoring is fast and easy so that there isn’t ever an argument about who one.
- Players take turns trying to draw and guess the item being drawn, which means that everyone has a turn to play the different roles.
- Great game for larger groups, as there really isn’t a cap on how many people can play this game at once.
- Games generally only last around 20 minutes, making this a great filler game when you don’t have a lot of time.
- Contains 320 cards so that the game can be played for a very long period of time.
- Offers great replayability as there are so many cards, which means that you can shuffle and play again without worrying about the same people getting the same cards two games in a row.
- Challenges all players to high speed and hilarious charades.
- Includes cards with three levels of difficulty – easy, medium, and hard – making this a game that even younger members of the family can enjoy without being stressed.
- The action time pops up the cards that people have to act out and then will grab the card back if people don’t guess fast enough to take the card themselves.
- Perfect for four or more players, and there isn’t a cap on how many people can enjoy the game at once.
- Time ticks to let people know how much time they have before the card will drop back down.
- Players are able to show off their individual talents when they participate in different categories, including Creative Cat, Star Performer, Data Head, and Word Worm.
- Players get to pick the category in which they want to compete, try to complete the challenge that is offered to them, and then will get points when they are able to successfully do so.
- Since players are placed in teams, there is very little pressure on players who aren’t feeling very confident about their abilities.
- There are 600 cards included in the game, which means that you can play multiple games back to back without ever seeing the same cards twice.
- Because players take turns showing off their talents and trying to guess what the other player is making or singing, it is a fun bonding game, and teams can be made so that stronger and weaker players are teamed together for the best chance at winning.
- Requires players to assume different identities, based on the cards that they receive, and then to try to figure out the identities of the other players.
- Since players can change identities during the game if they want to, it can be very difficult for players to determine who their friends really are.
- Players work to obtain as much gold as possible either by bluffing or by telling the truth, and the player with the most gold at the end will win.
- After their turn, players can either tell the truth of who they are to activate their character’s power, secretly look at the card they have, or swap with another player.
- Players have to be focused on staying in character and try to prevent other players from finding out the truth about who they really are.
Sick & Twisted Charades
- Perfect for ages 18+, as there are some adult themes included in the game.
- Players split into teams and face off in a game of charades that is nothing like the one that they grew up playing.
- By guessing obscene, saucy, and suggestive clues, teams can earn points to win the game.
- Teams can also decide to derail their opposing team by giving them very challenging twists that they have to be able to complete to win.
- Included is a soft foam ball that is used to throw at opponents when their time is up to ensure that they stop trying to act out their cards.
- Has 1,000 different words to act out, which means that this game can be played for hours without any repeats.
- The included twist tiles are what provide you with additional challenges, such as acting out your word with only one hand or doing so while staying on the floor.