Looking for board games with lots of miniatures? Then you’ve come to the right place! We’ve hand selected 14 unique games that you’re going to love…
Have a look below…
Descent: Journeys in the Dark Second Edition
- Features double sided, modular board pieces that are durable and attractive.
- Ideal for two to five players and has a play time of around one to two hours, although the gameplay itself moves quickly and will prevent even seasoned players from becoming bored when starting another game.
- Revised edition is considered to be one of the most popular dungeon board games, and is one that even people new to this game can easily pick up and start playing.
- One overload player is pitted against hero players who will work together to try to defeat them.
- Players who want to be able to customize their playing experience will love that they can easily paint pieces in this game and create custom tiles to include during their gameplay.
Doom: The Boardgame Second Edition
- The miniatures in this game are incredibly detailed and can be painted, allowing players who want more customization to enjoy it.
- Can be played from two sides, allowing you to enjoy marine and invader perspectives.
- Based off of the very popular game Doom, and is an incredibly fast-paced game that mimics the feeling and speed of a video game.
- This is an asymmetrical game in which one player plays as an invader and the other players try to work together to stop them, using a deck of armor, weapons, a number of lives, and the ability to easily strike down enemies.
- Enjoy a specialized map, items to retrieve, and new rules each time you play, which will prevent players from getting bored when they want to play multiple games.
- New gameplay each time also prevents players from quickly beating the game after a few rounds.
Warhammer Space Hulk
- This game is packed with miniatures that are used throughout gameplay, making the game interactive and interesting.
- Two players will recreate incredible combat missions and fight as man versus alien in wild battle.
- With 12 different missions to choose from, each with their own set of objectives and problems that will need to be faced by the players, this game offers hours of fun for two people to enjoy.
- There are more than 60 detailed sections in the board, allowing for numerous ways to combine it and set it up.
Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition
- Lovecraftian board games that one to five people can play together cooperatively.
- There are four different campaigns that you can choose from, each one with its own set of difficulty and length.
- With 32 plastic figures to be used throughout the game, this game is very interactive and requires a lot of patience and attention.
- There are more than 500 components, all highly detailed, and all used together in addition to the powerful companion app to set up and run the game.
- Players won’t ever play the same game more than once, thanks to the scenario maps, risky decision, hundreds of cards, and input from the app.
- Perfect for two or more players, this game features pirate battles on the sea.
- Features incredible highly detailed miniatures, including pirate ships, that are not only attractive, but also very durable and built to last.
- With a large and gorgeous gameboard, as well as detailed instructions, you will move your fleets of ships across the seas to battle.
- This game is perfect, if you love to assemble pieces and miniatures, as each ship has up to 12 pieces that have to be put together and painted, making this game not only fun to play, but also an investment to create.
BattleLore 2nd Edition
- Designed for just two people, this game allows you to either use a narrative campaign to play or create new scenarios whenever you set up the game.
- New scenarios and maps can be made before each game, ensuring that you never end up playing the same game twice.
- Offers 92 incredibly detailed figures, more than 150 cards, 43 map pieces, four custom-made dice, and a game board.
- Play by commanding your fearsome army to attack or instead opt for a more tactical approach where you rely on your defenders to keep you and all of your other pieces safe from attack.
- Use innovative command tools when you are controlling your units during battle for a unique experience.
- There are 48 gorgeous and intricate figures that are unpainted so that you can easily customize the colors and design of your game.
- With two distinct factions, multiple ways to customize your experience, and incredible command tools, you won’t ever end up playing the same game twice.
- The miniatures are very detailed, which will inspire you when starting out with gaming with miniatures.
- Easily can scale up, as there is plenty of room for expansion, as well as variation, allowing you to constantly improve and update your game as you see fit.
- Two to four players can enjoy playing for around 60 to 90 minutes with this fast paced and enjoyable game.
- Comes with 49 miniatures that are pre-assembled, but still need to be painted, which is great if you want to customize your miniatures, but aren’t interested in putting them all together on your own.
- Comes with 36 tokens, 102 cards, 52 colored miniature bases, 4 clan sheets, 2 support sheets, 4 plastic glory markers, and a game board.
- This is a great option for introducing people to board games with miniatures as it is fun, fast paced, and allows you multiple different ways to achieve success when playing.
Days of Wonder Memoir ‘44
- With 17 historical scenarios, this is a fast paced, historical WWII game that features great gameplay.
- Contains 144 miniatures, 36 obstacles, 44 terrain tiles, 2 card holders, 60 command cards, 9 summary cards, a double sided board map, and 8 battle dice.
- This fast-paced game is easy to learn and encourages strategic play.
- Players have to have a flexible and aggressive battle plan if they want to win this game, as timely dice rolling, as well as a strategic plan of action, are both important and will help players achieve their goal.
- The oversize game board is easy to use and makes it simple to explain the game mechanics to new players and ensures that everyone can read the board.
- Perfect for two to four players, takes one to two hours to play, and offers amazing replicability due to the changing scenarios that will set up a new game each time you play.
- A dozen miniatures are used to represent the factions that separate norad military.
- Use certain people, such as scientists and engineers, to improve the strength of your faction.
- There are multiple missions that you will go on, including escort, rescue, and even retrieval.
- When players start a new scenario, then they will be walked through a built-in tutorial to ensure that everyone understands the gameplay and that each mission can be completed as easily and successfully as possible.
- This is a very fast, action-packed game that focuses on battling miniatures throughout the city to hunt down and then to destroy an opponent’s monster.
- All miniatures need to be assembled and painted to ensure the best and most customized gameplay.
- Each player and their monster will have their own set of abilities and weapons that can be activated by special dice throughout the game to increase the chance of victory.
- Minis can be easily customized and need to be shaved down to enjoy the best results from this game.
- Due to the gameplay, the monsters can completely destroy the city in which they are located, which means that each game you play will be completely different from others.
- This 90-minute conquest and development game pits two to five players against each other in a face off to help improve your people and allow them to rule all of the others.
- With mythological creatures, soldiers, and philosophers, all of the pieces that you have can work together in tandem to help you improve your chances of winning.
- Battles between players can happen at any time and are ruthless, quickly stopping a player from achieving the victory they were so close to enjoying.
- Works well with future expansion decks.
- There is no clear set to victory, as unique playing elements can help you achieve victory faster than you thought possible or hinder your success.
Super Dungeon Explore: Forgotten King
- Can easily be played with other Super Dungeon Explore games for expanded and enhanced gameplay or it can be played on its own.
- Between two to six players will enjoy 90 to 120 minutes of gameplay each time the game is used.
- Features a number of different miniatures that don’t require building, which means that you can start playing right away, but you can easily paint them if you want to customize your game.
- All of the art, miniatures, tiles, and tokens are high quality and have been built to last through countless hours of gameplay without being damaged.
- Enjoy classic mode or arcade mode when playing with friends.
- While this game is better with multiple people, a single player can enjoy arcade mode solo if they want to enjoy a game by themselves.