If you’re looking for party board games like Apples to Apples then you’ve come to the right place. Below you’ll find 14 addicting games that will bring in the fun and laughs time and time again…
Say Anything Family
- This game not only offers great replay value, but is a wonderful way for families to bond with each other over a fun and creative game.
- Not only will all players work to improve their storytelling skills, but this family-oriented of the classic game is fun for all players, no matter if you currently have the role of the reader or not.
- Great for up to six people, but players can be split into teams if more people want to play at the same time.
- Average playtime is around half an hour, making it ideal for when you are interested in a fast and short game.
- Scoring tends to be a bit complicated, but users can get points not only for having the chosen answer, but also for betting on the answer that will be picked.
- Encourages players to tell stories about themselves during the game, which is great for connecting and growing closer together.
Cards Against Humanity
- Original game contains 100 black cards and 500 white cards to make this game great for playing multiple times.
- Additional expansion packs are available, which will allow you to easily add more cards so that more people can play.
- Gameplay is very similar to Apples to Apples, so it’s fairly easy for most people to learn how to play it without much of a delay.
- Because the game is played in rounds, everyone involved gets a fair chance to play as the judge of the round.
- Not ideal for younger adults or children, as this is definitely only a game that adults should play due to the subject matter.
The T-Shirt Game
- Instead of submitting adjectives and nouns, players have to submit captions that will go on a t-shirt.
- Designed for just three to six players, and won’t ever end unless you choose a winning score for people to try to obtain at the beginning of the game.
- All players will get a turn to be the judge of different rounds.
- Each set has 209 slogan cards, 70 t-shirt cards, and 77 hot or not cards.
- Perfect for kids that are 14+, but can also be a lot of fun for an adult game night.
- Premise is very simple for new players to understand, so you can jump right into playing.
- While similar to Apples to Apples because the different players will compete to have their card chosen by the judge, this game is only fit for players 17+.
- There are 360 panel cards, with 10 of them being cards that you can draw on your own.
- The cards combine into millions of different situations, creating new comics each time the game is played.
- High-quality cards are designed to withstand wearing and fraying and to keep from being stained or damaged.
- Turn-based play goes quickly and keeps the game from feeling slow or boring.
- All players will have a turn to be the judge, which will keep people from being tired of their role in the game.
- Game can be used with friends who want to play and spend time together or to connect with coworkers at a networking or team building event.
- Includes 300 cards, secret envelope, and 36 scoring tokens.
- Players have to choose cards to put in the secret envelope that they think will be the ones that the “whoozit” or round leader, will choose as their favorite.
- Allows you to easily start another game right away without worrying about repeating the same questions since there are so many cards to choose from.
- The few rules are very easy to learn so you can start playing right away, even with people who may not be very familiar with original Cranium or other similar games.
What Do You Meme?
- Adult-only game that is not intended for children, but has 435 cards to play for hours of endless fun.
- Multiple expansion packs allow you to choose from different themes that you enjoy, making a custom game easy.
- Perfect for 3 to 20 players and can last from 30 to 90 minutes.
- All cards are printed on high-quality paper that is designed to last for years without becoming damaged or wearing around the edges.
- Because the role of judge rotates, all people playing this game will be able to be the person who gets to judge other players on their cards.
Not Parent Approved
- Inspired by Cards Against Humanity, this is a great family game that is appropriate for tweens all the way to adults.
- Comes with 455 durable cards that feature high-quality printing and that have been specifically designed to be held easily by smaller hands.
- Portable size makes it ideal to take with you on the go, which is great for families that like to travel.
- Attention grabbing cards are sure to inspire many games and make players want to play again right away.
- Perfect for bringing together multiple generations, as the cards are all appropriate, fun to use, and will keep everyone laughing.
- There are no difficult and convoluted rules to learn before playing.
- Combination board, party, and card game that keeps everyone interested throughout all of the rounds.
- With many different types of rounds to choose from, no game will ever be the same, which is sure to keep everyone interested while playing.
- Players give and receive gifts and have to match them up to the person who gave them.
- Each player will walk away having learned something new about the people they are playing with.
- One person acts as the judge, but you can have the entire group vote for a fun change of pace.
- Individuals have to choose a card from their hand that would act as the best ad line for a given photo.
- All cards contain real advertising slogans that were used in the past.
- Contains 400 ad slogans and 75 different photos.
- No game will ever be the same.
- Lightning fast pace ensures that all players will stay interested during the game.
- Can be replayed again right away without an overlapping of the same cards, which keeps it all interesting.
- Players try to prank their friends by giving them the worst gift each round.
- There are more than 200 gifts to choose from, making this game one that can easily be played over and over.
- Designed to make everyone talk and connect with each other, and is easily enough to play that people who haven’t picked up a board game in a while can easily start playing.
- Includes 60 cards, as well as six bonus cards.
- This game is great for smaller groups, but people can easily team up if there is a large crowd who all wants to play together.
- Deals with phrases, just like Apples to Apples does, but players are constantly trying to bluff each other.
- The “storyteller” is one player who is chosen to read a phrase aloud that other players then have to match to the picture cards that they have.
- Players have to try to convince the storyteller that their card is the best match.
- Each set features 84 cards, and can be played multiple times without repeating the same cards.
- The mechanics of this game are easy for most people to understand, speeding up how quickly you can start playing.
- Versatile enough to be played by both children and adults.
- Players have to match images with funny captions, trying to get the judge to pick their selection as the winner.
- There are no storytelling skills needed, and players don’t have to try to convince the judge of why they should win, although this allowed.
- Perfect for game night with people of all ages, as younger children don’t have to worry about not being able to read the cards played on the table.
- Very funny game, depending on the type of pictures and captions that are matched by other players.
- Very fast paced, which means that players won’t get bored waiting on their turn.
- Players take turns being the “skeptical customer” while other players try to sell them snake oil.
- With 324 different word cards to choose from, it’s easy to involve up to 10 players in this game without worrying about everyone having enough cards to use.
- The mechanics of this game are very easy to understand and generally only take around five minutes for new players to learn how to play.
- It’s a family-friendly game that works well for family game night, but can also be played by adults only.
- Does a great job at promoting imagination and creativity in all of the players.
- Gameplay is very similar to Apples to Apples, but instead of playing words, players use pictures of animals to try to match the attribute dealt.
- The score track makes it easy to keep track of who is winning and end the game at a decent time.
- Perfect for two to six players who are ages 12+.
- As all players have the chance to judge the cards that others play, it’s easy to wait your turn.
- It’s easy to revise the rules if the game plays too quickly, which will ensure that everyone feels like they have enough of a turn.