If you need help shopping for interlocking foam mats to use for exercising, then you have found the right article. This guide explains why interlocking foam mats are great for exercise. Then we give you our top recommendations. Read on!
Why Interlocking Foam Mats are Great Exercise Mats
Regardless if you do yoga, perform some morning aerobic routine, lift weights, or whatever exercise you do at home, you need a good exercise mat. These mats give you some comfortable cushioning that will protect you from possible exercise-induced injury.
There are different exercise mat options, but one popular one which we definitely recommend is interlocking foam mats. Here are the top four reasons why we think they are great.
They are not expensive
Interlocking foam mats come in different sizes, themes, colors, and designs. But one thing that’s common among them is that they are all on the inexpensive size. That means you can own multiple sets and switch between them.
They are easy to set up
This is especially great if you don’t really have a home space that’s dedicated solely to exercising. You can simply assemble, disassemble, and stack them for keeping away as needed. This means they don’t have to take up so much space and are only visible when needed.
They are comfortable
Most interlocking foam mats are made of EVA foam. This type of foam is especially known for its flexibility and softness. Your workout time will be especially fun and comfortable if you have the right cushion support that interlocking foam mats give.
They are easy to clean and maintain
Unlike other types of mats, interlocking foam mats do not absorb any liquid or moisture. This translates to easy cleaning. You don’t have to worry about staining the mats with your morning coffee or wetting it with your Gatorade. All you need are wipes or a dry cloth, and voila, your mat is clean!
Best Interlocking Foam Mats for Exercise
This exercise mat from ZENY is one of the thicker options on this list at ¾ inch, which makes it an ideal choice especially if you have some heavyweight equipment that you want to protect your floor from.
Aside from its remarkable thickness, the anti-skid texture of the high-density foam used is great at reducing impact. You can rest assured that you’re provided with excellent support and protection especially while performing intense activities during your workout.
- Providing large coverage. The package comes with 24 tiles of 24.8 inches in length, 24.8 inches in width, and 0.75 inch in thickness, which translates to 96 square feet of coverage, best for those with big exercise rooms or spaces.
- The package comes with 2 borders for each tile that you can remove or use as needed without trouble since everything is so precisely cut, also making assembly a breeze.
- None reported
This interlocking foam mat for exercising from BalanceFrom is an Amazon bestseller for a reason. It has a number of protective features that make it great for MMA, gymnastics, and other physical activities. Its double-sided foam is made of high-density EVA foam and has a non-slip surface.
It is also one of the thicker options at ¾ inch, effectively cushioning your spine, hips, knees, and elbows on hard floors while exercising.
- The mat has exceptional resilience, making it easy for the user to keep their balance while exercising.
- The surface is very easy to wash and clean with water and soap.
- The tiles have been precisely cut which makes it easy to put together tightly.
- Only available in three color options: black, blue, and gray
This multi-purpose mat from ProSource has been getting enthusiastic reviews from its buyers on Amazon, mainly because it works very well as an exercise mat, among its many functions.
Available in three different colors, this interlocking foam mat has non-skid textured tiles that protect your floor from whatever workout equipment you may have, while at the same time giving you very comfortable cushioning.
This is ideal for a variety of exercise routines, such as push-ups and sit-ups. You can also use it for stretching and foam rolling. Others even use it for yoga.
- The package comes with 6 square tiles that can cover up to 24 square feet of space, but the coverage can easily be adjusted by using fewer tiles.
- This interlock foam mat is great for exercise areas at home and gyms, as well as outdoor exercise.
- Great for protecting the floor, reducing noise, and making the exercise floor more comfortable.
- The mat is relatively thinner at ½ inch but still thick enough for the activities mentioned above.
One of the many great things about this interlock foam mat from Yes4All is that you can either have it as a 12 square or a 36 square feet package, depending on the floor area you wish to cover with it.
This makes this option an ideal one for those who don’t really have a dedicated exercise area at home and would wish to use the mat wherever possible, large and small areas alike.
This is great at giving you floor protection while performing activities like Yoga, Pilates, CrossFit or weightlifting.
- Besides functioning as an adult exercise foam mat, kids can also play on it since the foam is very comfortable and provides the cushioning that kids need.
- The foam is extra durable and has a textured non-slip surface which helps prevent slipping and other injuries that normally happen in workouts.
- Thinner than some other options
What’s great about this interlocking foam mat from Sivan is that it was manufactured specifically as an exercise mat, although it also serves other purposes quite effectively.
It does two things mainly: it serves as your floor protection, especially since exercising involves heavyweight equipment that can potentially damage your floor despite efforts to prevent it. In addition, it also provides excellent cushioning for your exercise routines.
Each tile measures 24″x 24 “x 1/2” , this can cover up to 24 square feet.
- The tiles are durably designed
- The tiles are made of EVA foam with double-sided gripped surface
- Assembly is very easy which can only take about five minutes.
- These tiles are thinner than other options.
One selling point of this interlocking foam mat from LEVOIT is its stylish design. It comes in two colors, baby blue, and light purple, both great at giving you that light, positive vibe you need when doing your morning exercise.
The premium quality EVA foam used in manufacturing this exercise mat provides excellent support and cushion. It is durable, non-toxic, and long-lasting.
In addition, the tiles are also very easy to clean.
- The tiles are lightweight, which makes it easy to keep, assemble, and disassemble as needed.
- Besides exercise, this interlocking foam mat is also great for garages, gyms, and playrooms.
- There are only two colors available, both of which may be off-putting for some people.
This exercise foam mat from BEAUTYVOVO comes with 12 interlocking tiles which can cover up to 48 square feet. The EVA foams which these interlocking foam mats are made of are soft, flexible, and impact-resistant.
A precision cutting technique was used in cutting the tiles which makes them very easy to assemble. In addition, they also look very seamless once set up. They come together quite tightly, so you don’t have to worry about them coming apart when you do some activities.
- Precisely cut tiles come together tightly and nicely.
- Great for protecting your floor, protecting your equipment, providing your body with cushion support, and safe for kids.
- Only comes in black and gray
These are all great options, but if we could only recommend one, it would have to be the ZENY Exercise Mat with EVA Foam Interlocking Tiles. Not only is it one of the thickest and most durable, but it also looks really nice.