Trying to find the best lighting for your ping pong table so that your friends can no longer use the “I couldn’t see the ball” excuse? You’ve come to the right place. In this guide, we’ve compiled 10 options that will keep your game well-lit.
Let’s check them out.
Table of Contents
Best Lighting for Ping Pong Tables
These super bright LED bay lights are perfect for installing in the ceiling above a ping pong table, as they won’t hang down and get in the way. Thanks to their energy efficient design, they do a wonderful job keeping the room lit without raising electrical costs. They look great alone or in a bunch.
- Incredibly bright light that won’t flicker or dim during games
- Efficient heat dissipation to prevent the light from overheating and becoming dangerous
- Easily installed and safe, thanks to high-quality cables that are well insulated
- Help save up to 80% on energy bills
- Unique design is attractive and very durable, which makes it ideal for installation above a ping pong table
- Can flicker a little when it is very hot in the room
- Multiple lights are often needed to combat shadows in the room
Read Also: Best Mid-Size Ping Pong Tables
Perfect for any ping pong fan who wants a light that is not only powerful, but dimmable, this light is bright, easy to control, and incredibly easy to install. This makes it a great option for a professional setup at home, as homeowners won’t have to get a professional to help with installation. The ease of setup and the attractive look make it a great option.
- Dimmable feature makes it easy to control the amount of light in a room
- Five foot cable and included safety rope make installation fast and easy
- Impressive natural white daylight for reduced glare on the table
- Can be used indoors and to illuminate outdoor ping pong tables
- Impressive five-year warranty to cover defects or problems gives buyers peace of mind
- Light covers a huge space, which can be overwhelming in smaller rooms
- May not always dim to the low light that some people need in their home
The sleek design of this light, as well as how bright it is, makes it a great option for use over a ping pong table. It’s an ideal light to use in smaller spaces, as it produces a ton of light that will easily brighten up any room and make it easy to see the game. Adding more than one of these lights is a great option for use in a larger space.
- Ultra-thin light emitting surface allows for great lighting in all locations
- Preinstalled hanging ring makes installing the light a breeze
- Comes with a standard US plug, eliminating the need of hiring an electrician
- Produces 15,000 lumens of light and can cut down on energy bills
- Safe and reliable design is great for use in all locations
- Can tend to have a buzzing noise after being on for a while
- Bright light can cause a glare on some ping pong table tops
These modern lights are perfect for use in a game room and light up instantly. Since they are incredibly durable, they won’t easily crack or break if they are accidentally hit by an errant ball. Being able to space out the lights evenly from each other will reduce any problems with shadows on the table’s top.
- Comes in a four-pack, which is great for lighting larger spaces
- Provides uniform light, so the entire area will be well-lit.
- Uses a hollow design to keep the lights from getting too hot.
- Some customers felt the wires were a little short.
Read Also: Best Foldable Ping Pong Tables
This light provides an astonishing amount of light, which makes it great for lighting up dark rooms and garages. Not only that, but the durable design of the light prevents it from
overheating, even when it is used for extended periods of time. Thanks to the dimming options, this light can be hung at multiple distances from the floor while still providing the
- Amazing life of more than 80,000 hours, which means that it won’t have to be replaced anytime soon
- Comes with an impressive 5-year warranty
- Dimming cord makes it easy to control the lighting for the perfect game
- Offers 19500 lumens while only requiring 150W of power, making it great for saving money and energy
- Heat sink provides great heat dissipation to improve the light of the lamp
- Can sometimes fail without warning
- Tend to dim on their own after a few months of use
Designed to be easy to install and easy to control, these lights are perfect for use in larger game rooms. They offer plenty of light and are attractive, allowing them to improve any space. Since they are easy to install and work well in rooms of all sizes, they are a great choice for use above a ping pong table.
- Optional reflector cover produces uplight to make the room seem roomier
- 21,000 lumens of light easily lights up any space
- Water resistant and rustproof design makes this light great for outdoor use
- Dimmable feature makes it possible to adjust the light to prevent glare
- Can easily operate in extremely hot or cold temperatures without failing
- The whiter cold light doesn’t feel as natural as warmer daylight
- Must be hung very high to reduce glare, which is difficult in most homes
Read Also: Best Portable Ping Pong Tables
A great high-performance light is going to last for a long time without failing, and this light is one perfect example. Thanks to the durable design of the light, as well as its flush mount to the ceiling, it can last through loud and rambunctious ping pong games without breaking.
- Incredibly high performance means that the light won’t fail
- Backed with great five-year warranty in case of problems
- Waterproof design is great for use in a garage or deck
- Rated with more than 50,000 hours of use, which means that it will last for years
- Hollow design helps to prevent heat from building up in the light
- Not dimmable, and can sometimes be too bright, especially in smaller rooms or ones with a lot of white and lighter colors
- Can be difficult for some people to install on their own
One standout feature of this light is that it has a great dimmer that offers complete control over the amount of light produced. This is important as the light produces a ton of light, which can make it difficult to play in smaller rooms without glare on the table top. Since the dimmer can allow the light to be dimmed to off, it’s easy for users to control how much light they have in their space.
- Energy-saving design helps to cut down on energy bills
- Designed for larger areas, making it great for a huge game room
- LED bulbs produce a cool white light that is very bright
- Easily dimmable from 0% to 100% with a wall dimmer
- Long 6’ power cord makes it easy to install and hang the light
- Can sometimes dim on its own
- Produces a lot of light, which can be overwhelming in smaller spaces
Read Also: Best Ping Pong Tables for Garage
This light is a great option for illuminating a home ping pong table, as it works very well on lower ceilings, which is what most people have in their homes. Because it is easy to install and works on ceilings that are eight feet tall, it’s a great option for ping pong players to consider for their home use. Other lights need to be hung higher, but this one does a great job creating a large circle of light even when it is hung lower to the table.
- With 20,000 lumens, this light can easily illuminate a ping pong table
- Features 3D heat flow channels to reduce the risk of overheating
- Long life span allows these lamps to last a long time without flickering or fading
- Efficient design is highly compact and great for smaller spaces
- LED chips are protected from overheating and failing
- Not the most attractive light to look at
- Not ideal for taller ceilings
What to Consider When Buying Lighting for a Ping Pong Table
With Ping Pong balls potentially shooting into the air, you’ll want a light that doesn’t crack easily. This might not be your first concern, given that the lights in question will likely be high off the ground, but there’s still a possibility your lights could be hit.
As far as durability goes, you’ll want to carefully read any product descriptions to see what the lights are made of. You’ll usually be able to determine this way if the lights have robust metallic parts or if they’re primarily made from plastic.
Obviously, when you put a light in an area, you want it to light the space. If you’re serious about Ping Pong, this is critical, because, like with any other sport, you need to be able to clearly see what’s going on at all times. Losing Ping Pong calls can be easy in intense games, and a bright light will make finding them again less of a pain.
A brightly light playing area is also important to make sure you don’t potentially injure yourself. When the lighting is dim, you might not be aware of any hazards in your way, such as things getting under your feet. You might also bump into the table more often, jostling other players and hurting yourself on the edges.
You can determine the brightness of a light by its lumens. However, you can also refer to customer reviews for descriptions of the light and how it held up under different conditions.
Like with anything else, you don’t want to have to replace your lights a lot if you’ve invested in them. Having to break out the ladder every other week to fix a light you just bought would be endlessly frustrating.
To make sure you get the most out of your money, read up on the lifespan of the light in question. Most of them will tell you how many hours you can expect to use them for before you need to buy a replacement. Generally, the longer the lifespan, the better – it means you won’t need to get another one anytime soon.
For our own Ping Pong table, we’d consider choosing the Getseason 200W UFO LED High Bay Light. At 20,000 lumens, we’re confident that it could light up our table to our satisfaction. We also love that the LED chips in it prevent it from overheating, promoting a much longer lifespan.
Like we mentioned previously, we don’t want to have to replace our own light anytime soon if we can help it.