Have you ever worried that a Ping Pong table is just too heavy?
Because they can get quite large, many of them are a few hundred pounds. If you’re someone who’s going to need to move the table occasionally or put it together by yourself, such a heavy table may not be reasonable.
But needing something that’s a more manageable size shouldn’t keep you from enjoying the game. To help you find the best one for your needs, we’ve pulled together a list of the best lightweight Ping Pong tables.
For the sake of this article, we’re defining everything that weighs less than regulation tables, which range from 250-300 pounds, as lightweight. You can read more about the dimensions of tables here.
Best Lightweight Ping Pong Tables
Just like the name says, this table was designed for those who are limited on space. The benefit to a smaller table like this one is that it’s also lighter. That means that this petite apartment-friendly table weighs a grand total of 73 pounds.
You sacrifice no quality when you choose the Stiga Space Saver. Its playing surface is covered in silkscreen striping that’s tough and smooth, ensuring exceptional bounce.
With eight legs instead of the average four, it won’t wobble during intense games. And if your floor slants at all, each leg has its own level adjuster so you can guarantee a level playing surface.
- Comes with a net.
- Each half of the table can come off separately, so you can use the halves for other purposes.
- Durable tabletop and frame.
- The adjusters on each leg let you ensure the tabletop is perfectly level on any floor.
- Although it comes with a net, this table does not include paddles or balls, so you will need to buy those separately.
Read Also: Best Mid-Size Ping Pong Tables
The GoSports Mid-Size table, like the previous table, is smaller in size. But it’s this modest size that allows it to have an extremely light shipping weight of just under 39 pounds.
Amazingly, it can become even smaller than its already petite dimensions of six feet by three feet. In seconds, you can fold it in half, which is ideal for storage. It even has a handle built onto the side so you can carry it in one hand like a suitcase.
With this table, you won’t need to wait long before you can play. It comes with a net, two paddles, and four balls. That means you can start up a healthy game of Ping Pong the moment you have the table assembled.
- Smaller spaces, such as apartments, are no problem for this table.
- In just a few seconds, the table can be easily folded in half and carried away with the handle for storage or transport.
- With the included net, paddles, and balls, you can play a game right away without needing to buy extra supplies.
- Unlike many other tables, you won’t need any tools to put it together.
- There were a few reports of the table shipping without some parts.
Weighing in at a negligible 29 pounds, this table is easily the lightest one on our entire list. And, like the butterfly it’s named after, it can fold in half, making it even smaller. This is perfect when you want to stash the table away in a closet between games, or when you want to take it with you on a trip.
It’s a great option for kids, too. For regular games, you can have the table level, or you can set it to be titled so children can play more comfortably. The tilted top setting makes the ball bounce higher, slowing down the game to child-friendly speeds.
There are even choices in the appearance of the table. If you don’t like it in blue, it comes in an alternative green color so it can appeal to a wider range of people.
- Can be folded in half for storage and travel.
- The tilted-table mode is great for kids, because it slows down the pace of the game.
- You can get it in bright blue or vivid green.
- Includes a net.
- There are some reports of it being too small, even for children.
Read Also: Best Ping Pong Tables for Kids
At half the size of tables used in competitions, this Franklin Sports table is tiny. But if you’re looking for something lightweight, that’s to your benefit, because its total shipping weight is approximately 46 pounds.
One of the best things about this table is how easy it is to assemble. Instead of spending hours and hours putting it together, you’ll be able to play on it shortly after receiving it. Like the assembly, the net is easy to put together, clipping onto the table in literal seconds.
- It assembles quickly, so you won’t spend more time putting it together than playing on it.
- The tabletop is made from high-quality components, so it provides plenty of bounce and looks sleek.
- With stability brackets coming off each leg, you won’t find the surface wobbling during play.
- Each leg has its own leveler on the bottom so you can adjust the tilt of the table easily.
- Some customers felt the assembly instructions weren’t very easy to understand.
Read Also: Best Black Ping Pong Tables
This foldable table is 75% the size of a regulation table, making it especially perfect for anyone in need of a lightweight one. Its shipping weight is just over 81 pounds, which makes it travel and storage-friendly.
One thing that really sets this table apart from the rest, however, is that no assembly is needed. You can play on it as soon as it shows up at your door, because it’s pre-assembled for you.
It’s also designed with your safety and comfort in mind. Bright red pads wrapped around the corners help protect you from injury that might occur if you otherwise bumped on the hard corners.
Now let’s take a look at the playing surface of this table, because it’s incredible. With a thickness of 12mm, the surface of the table is thicker than the majority of other mini tables. That means you’ll get amazing bounce, much like what you would see on full-size regulation tables.
- Despite being a small table, it has a 12-millimeter surface thickness.
- You can get it in either blue or green, depending on your personal preference.
- Soft pads on the corners prevent you from hurting yourself when you bump into them.
- These tables come assembled already, so you don’t have to deal with the frustration of assembly at all.
- Includes a net.
- Although it comes pre-assembled, some customers felt it should have a manual or directions to go with it.
At a glance, you might think a table as beautiful and thick-looking at this one must be heavy. Fortunately, this is a case where looks can be deceiving, because it’s actually only around 112 pounds.
You won’t find too many regulation-size tables that are this light. Furthermore, you won’t find many tables that are this luxurious in appearance while also being lightweight. Take the net off the top, and this could easily be a gorgeous dining table or centerpiece in any room.
Unlike most other full-size tables, you won’t need a whole toolbox worth of tools to assemble it, either. In fact, you won’t need any tools at all. With just your own two hands, you can put this table together in mere minutes.
Plus, once it’s all set up, the net clips on and off in seconds. That means in just seconds, you can take off the net to turn this table into an elegant piece of furniture.
- This is undoubtedly one of the most stunning tables on this list.
- Even though it looks sophisticated, you can put this table together in minutes without any tools.
- Comes with a net.
- The surface is 18mm thick, which is perfect for bounce.
- Made from furniture-quality wood.
- Some customers reported difficulties with the actual shipping and delivery of the table.
Now this is a table that you can tell right away is tournament-grade. It’s the appropriate size for official tournaments, and it comes with a batch of qualities that make it professional-level.
To start with, it has a playback mode. That means you can fold up one of the halves and bounce the ball off the folded half, practicing by yourself. This is ideal if you won’t always have a partner to play with when you want to.
On top, its playing surface is an incredible 15-25mm in thickness. That all but guarantees that you’ll have dependable bounce time after time whenever you play. Depending on what size you go with, it’s extremely light, too – at 15mm of thickness, it’s only 149 pounds.
If you’re looking to get really serious about the game, then this is a great table for polishing your skills.
- Ultra-thick surface ranging from 15-25mm is similar to what professionals would play on.
- You can play without a partner using the playback mode.
- Because of the wheels on the bottom, you can scoot the table out of the way whenever you need to.
- It can be folded in half for storage.
- Some customers felt that the shipping weight was heavy and that it was therefore difficult to move the package to where they wanted to set the table up.
Read Also: Best Blue Ping Pong Tables
Are you looking for a table that has the flexibility to be used both inside and outside? Then this one is a great pick for you.
The top is made from a durable aluminum composite. It can withstand all kinds of weather conditions, making this table ideal for the outdoors.
Perhaps best of all, it’s simple to set the table up. It comes mostly pre-assembled, so it takes 10 minutes or less to put all the pieces together.
Of course, it’s fairly light, too. It has a shipping weight of 164 pounds, making it pretty lightweight for a larger table.
- Made from tough aluminum composite, so you can use it inside or outside.
- Its QuickPlay design means it can be put together in 10 minutes or less straight out of the box.
- Wheels make it easy to move, and when you find the perfect place for it, you can lock the wheels to prevent further movement.
- Folds in half for effortless storage.
- There were some reports of minor cosmetic damage to the table, like scratches in paint.
This RS Barcelona table is another example of how Ping Pong and style can combine to become a thing of beauty. Its appealing looks make it a table that can be used for work and play. Use it as a dining room table, conference room table, or whenever else you need a beautiful table.
Plus, it comes with everything you’ll need to get started playing the moment it’s assembled. That includes two paddles, six balls, and the net.
As far as weight goes, it’s on the heavier side of our list, but it’s still pretty light compared to regulation-size tables. It comes in three different sizes, and at its smallest size, it weighs only 170 pounds.
- Gorgeous design that makes it possible to use as a Ping Pong table, dining room table, or work table.
- It has a built-in side drawer that you can store the net, paddles, and balls in.
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
- The material is resistant to both rust and stains.
- There are some reports that the drawer on the side isn’t deep enough to keep the balls from falling out.
- Some customers said they had difficulty putting the table together.
Features to Consider
Playing Surface Thickness
Most Ping Pong tables aren’t made as one solid piece on top. Instead, there’s typically an underlying frame, with the actual playing surface resting on top.
A general rule of thumb for this playing surface is that the thicker it is, the better it is. Thicker playing surfaces ensure more consistent bounce for games.
However, the drawback to thick surfaces is that they also contribute to the table’s weight. Usually, you’ll find that tables with particularly dense playing surfaces are heavier, and vice versa.
This is isn’t always guaranteed to be the case. We found a few tables on this list that had a thick playing surface while still being quite light.
It’s still worth keeping in mind as you look at Ping Pong tables, especially if you plan on playing competitively.
Beyond the weight and thickness of the playing surface, the overall size of the table is another valid consideration. There’s a chance that if you’re looking at lightweight tables, you’re doing so because you’re restricted on space.
In the event you don’t have much room to spare for your table, read each description to see what the measurements are. Compare that to the actual space where you’re planning to put the table.
Doing this will prevent you from spending money on a table, only to find it’s too large for the room you wanted to keep it in.
The portability of a table will factor in if you can’t leave it out in the same spot all the time. This might the true for you if you plan to store it in between games, or if you’re looking for a table that can come on trips with you.
A table that’s designed to be portable will incorporate elements such as handles, folding, and wheels. Weight is also important here, because lighter tables are easier to carry and move.
If you’d like to find out more about tables that are specifically created to be portable, you can see our list of the best portable Ping Pong tables.
Ping Pong tables don’t have to look like games. Some of them are designed to look polished and sophisticated, so they can fit in to particular decorating schemes.
This is even true for many lightweight Ping Pong tables. If you’re interested in something that would look at home in an office or kitchen, there are plenty of options out there for you.
There are so many Ping Pong tables for sale today. With all these options, they come in every single shape and size you can think of.
While you might assume that they have to be heavy by nature, this doesn’t have to be true. There are plenty of Ping Pong tables that are light and easy to carry without a whole team of people.
We think the Barrington Fremont Indoor Table Tennis Table is one of the best examples of a lightweight and stylish Ping Pong table. Aside from being only around 112 pounds, it looks absolutely beautiful. We would personally be proud to have this table in our own game room.