Are you trying to find the best glue for jigsaw puzzles? Then you’ve come to the right place. We’ve compiled the top 10 options you should be considering to make sure your hard work stays together securely.
Let’s check them out. Here’s a quick list of our favorite glues:
|Image||Product||Where to Buy|
|MasterPieces Jigsaw Puzzle Glue||View on Amazon|
|Puzzle Presto! Puzzle Saver||View on Amazon|
|Puzcraft Puzzle Saver||View on Amazon|
|Mod Podge Puzzle Saver||View on Amazon|
|aGreatLife Puzzle Saver||View on Amazon|
One key to making sure that this glue works correctly is taking time to prepare the puzzle and the gluing location. While there is a bit of a learning curve with gluing puzzles, this is one of the easier products to use, thanks to the included applicator as well as how thick the glue actually is, which helps to prevent it from running everywhere.
- It comes with the glue and the necessary applicator for fast and easy use.
- It dries clear so that the puzzle’s color won’t be affected.
- It is incredibly easy to apply, thanks to the applicator.
- The thick, viscous liquid doesn’t seep between the pieces too much.
- It dries to leave an attractive and protective matte surface on the puzzle.
- It tends to be messy and can be difficult to clean up when spread beyond the edges of the puzzle.
- It doesn’t cover as much space as some other glues do.
Puzzle fans who want to save their puzzles but skip the messy glue will want to consider this as a great option. It is very easy to use, thanks to it coming in a few separate sheets and also because it doesn’t require an additional applicator. Using hands to apply the product makes it easy to remove any air bubbles from the puzzle, creating a smooth and uniform look.
- It is incredibly easy to apply to any puzzle.
- It doesn’t produce any mess, which is great for keeping a work area clean.
- One pack easily preserves one 1000-piece puzzle.
- It comes with self-adhesive hangers for hanging the finished puzzle on the wall.
- Clear instructions make it very easy for beginners to learn how to finish their puzzles.
- If not applied correctly, then puzzle pieces can easily fall off of the paper.
- It can be difficult to fit a 1000-piece puzzle without any gaps.
Skipping the messy glue is a great way to keep a puzzle looking great without nearly as much work. These puzzle glue sheets are designed to be used on the back of the puzzle, allowing the front to look clear and bright without appearing dull or matte. The included hangers make displaying a finishing puzzle faster and easier than ever.
- It is perfect for saving two 1000-piece puzzles and hanging them on the wall.
- The thick, strong adhesive sheets will prevent puzzle pieces from falling off.
- It is applied to the back of the puzzle so the front looks great.
- It is incredibly fast and easy to use without any mess.
- It is designed to be two times stronger than other types of puzzle saver sheets.
- It is not very sturdy and tends to be flimsy enough to bend in half.
- It can be difficult to get all the puzzle pieces to evenly stick without applying individual pressure to each piece.
Mod Podge is known for producing high-quality glue and craft products and this puzzle glue is no exception. It’s very runny, which makes it easy for users to apply the glue to all pieces and to make sure that the glue fully surrounds every corner and angle, which will prevent pieces from falling off.
- It features a sealer, glue, and finish all in one product for a great final look.
- It is fast and easy to paint onto the puzzle using a foam brush.
- It’s easy to add multiple coats to the front or back of the puzzle to ensure that the pieces won’t fall.
- It easily washes up when spilled using just a little water.
- It offers a nice finish that doesn’t dry incredibly shiny, which can be distracting.
- It doesn’t come with an applicator and can be difficult to pour out without spilling.
- It is very thin and will require a lot of coats with drying time in between.
While cutting sheets down to fit can be difficult, this product can be overlapped, which means that puzzle fans can easily show off their work with very little effort. As long as the sheets are pressed firmly to the back of the puzzle, there is very little chance of the pieces falling off once the puzzle has been hung on the wall.
- The peel-and-stick design is great for people who are averse to messier products.
- The thicker sheets are great for finishing even heavier puzzles.
- The sheets can easily be trimmed or overlapped to ensure full coverage on the puzzle.
- The narrow strip on the puzzle sheets make it easy to peel off the back without hassle.
- It includes four adhesive hangers to show off the finished product.
- Sometimes peeling off the paper back is difficult and will cause the product to wrinkle.
- Puzzle pieces can fall off if the product isn’t applied correctly and with plenty of force.
Painting layers of glue on the front and back of a favorite puzzle is one of the best ways to preserve it and this glue makes this very easy. Unlike other products, it won’t result in a streaky finish, which could make the puzzle look messy. It’s easy to apply and completely nontoxic, which means that kids can use the glue on their own as well.
- It includes an applicator brush so users can finish their puzzles right away.
- It dries quickly and provides a clear, bright finish on a puzzle.
- It is 100% safe and nontoxic, which is great for using around children.
- It can be used on the front and the back of puzzles to provide plenty of security.
- It doesn’t leave any streaks that could lower the beauty of a puzzle.
- It can shrink when drying, which will cause the puzzle to buckle.
- It tends to be a bit runny, which can be difficult to control.
While this glue does take a little longer to spread and to dry, the end result is worth the wait for many puzzle fans as it dries clear and bright without affecting the colors in the puzzle. The glue completely fills all of the space between pieces, which means that users won’t have to worry about any of the pieces accidentally popping out or coming loose.
- The high-gloss formula gives puzzles some shine and makes them look amazing.
- It comes with an applicator brush to make applying the glue fast and easy.
- One small bottle can complete two 1000-piece puzzles.
- It bonds pieces without warping them so that the puzzle remains flat.
- It dries evenly and without streaking or changing the colors in the puzzle.
- It takes a few days to dry completely and to remove any sticky or tacky feeling.
- The glue is a bit thicker and can be difficult to spread evenly.
Unlike other products that can be very messy, this puzzle glue is easy to control and clean up, thanks to the built-in applicator. This applicator allows users to have complete control over applying and spreading glue, which means that it is easy to get the glue to the edge and between all pieces.
- It is a great option for younger kids to use on their own as it is non-toxic.
- The built-in applicator removes a lot of the stress and mess from traditional glues.
- It dries very quickly without leaving behind tacky or wet spots.
- It produces a shine on the puzzle that is high-quality and resembles glass.
- It has plenty of glue to allow for multiple puzzles to be glued.
- It can be difficult to squeeze to start the glue flowing.
- The applicator must be washed out between uses or it will be glued shut, rendering it useless the next time that the glue is used.
Ideal for having a lot of control over where the glue is applied, this product comes with an applicator and is durable and reliable. Since it only takes two coats and dries incredibly quickly, puzzle lovers can glue their puzzles and get them hung up on the wall in very little time, leaving time to start a new puzzle.
- The included brush allows users to start gluing their puzzles right away.
- The brush is attached to the cap of the glue so it won’t get lost.
- It doesn’t have a lot of shine, which can lower the appearance of the puzzle when dried.
- It only requires a thin layer on the front and back of the puzzle.
- It doesn’t add a lot of bulk to the puzzle, which is great for framing.
- The brush is very small and makes using this product time-consuming.
- It can be difficult to control the glue without accidentally allowing it to seep off of the sides of the puzzle.
Rather than suffering with messy glue, puzzle fans who want to get their puzzles up on the wall as quickly as possible will appreciate the speed with which they can use this product. It’s easy to adhere as long as the product is pressed down firmly on the back of the puzzle and this will help to prevent any pieces from coming loose and falling off.
- It includes eight large sheets for gluing multiple puzzles.
- It’s very easy to pull the paper from the sheets so the puzzle can be glued.
- It includes two hangers for hanging up the finished puzzle.
- There is no messy glue to use, which means that the puzzle won’t warp or be ruined.
- The durable hold makes it easy to move the puzzle once the sheets are applied.
- Users must use something heavy, such as a rolling pin, to ensure that the product adheres to the puzzle.
- It claims to fit a 1000-piece puzzle but isn’t big enough.