Before you go shopping for a shuffleboard table, you will want to make sure that you're well-read on the available shuffleboard table dimensions. This will ensure that when you do buy your new table and bring it to your home or to your business that you have plenty of room not only to place the table, but also to stand around it and play.
Many people shop for shuffleboard tables without taking into consideration the amount of space that it will really take up, which can leave them frustrated with their purchase.
Let's learn a bit more so that you can find the best table for your needs...
But there are a few more things to think about
What Is the Width of a Shuffleboard Table?
The width of a regulation shuffleboard playing surface is 20”, but the table itself is a little wider. This is because there is space around the playing surface, and this adds to the overall size and width of the table.
Even though regulation shuffleboard tables that have a 20” playing surface will generally be 24” inches wide. This is plenty of space to accommodate the apron of the table as well as the gutters.
While there are a few different lengths that you can choose from when shopping for a shuffleboard table, only 22” tables are regulation length. In addition to having enough space for the table, players need to make sure that they have 2’ on each end and on each side of the table. This allows enough space for players to move freely around the table.
Some smaller shuffleboard tables have a playing surface that is only 15” wide. This, of course, will result in a shuffleboard table that is significantly smaller than a regulation table.
How Long is a Shuffleboard Table?
Regulation size shuffleboard tables are 22 feet long.
However, if you can't fit that, there are plenty of other length options to consider such as...
- 9 Foot Shuffleboard Tables
- 14 Foot Shuffleboard Tables
- 16 Foot Shuffleboard Tables
- 20 Foot Shuffleboard Tables
Use the links above to see some great options for each table size.
How Much Does a Shuffleboard Table Weigh?
Shuffleboards vary a lot in weight depending on their size. Since tables can be anywhere from 9’ to 22’, it’s easy to see that there can be a huge difference in the weight. The weight of shuffleboard tables can, of course, vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. However, a ballpark figure can be really helpful for people who are shopping for their first table.
- 9’ shuffleboard tables are the smallest on the market, and therefore tend to be the lightest. These tables still require a few people to help move them, but they are generally between 250-350 pounds, depending on the quality of the cabinet and apron as well as how thick the playing surface is.
- 12’ tables tend to be around 400 pounds, and 14’ shuffleboard tables are usually around 450 pounds, although some can be as heavy as 600 pounds. 16’ tables are often around 600-700 pounds, and 18’ tables are a bit heavier, at around 700-750 pounds.
- Of course, the heaviest shuffleboard tables on the market are the 22’ tables. These easily weigh more than 1000 pounds.
How Thick Is a Shuffleboard Table?
Choosing a shuffleboard that has a high-quality playing field is important, and something that really comes into play is how thick the table is. Even durable and high-quality tops will start to get dings and dents, which means that you need to make sure to choose a thick table that is durable and reliable and can easily be refinished, if necessary.
- Contemporary tables tend to be 3” thick. This is a standard thickness and generally results in high-quality tables that have been built to last.
- However, there are some tables on the market that have play fields that are only 2” thick. This may not seem like a huge difference, but it can play a large role not only in how easily you can level the table, but also in how enjoyable your games will be when playing.
What’s the Longest Shuffleboard Table?
If you are shopping for a shuffleboard table for your home or your office and have a lot of space, then you may want to look for a longer table. These can be showstopping, but they do require a lot of room to be able to be fully enjoyed.
The longest shuffleboard table that you can buy right now is 22” long. This is an impressively large shuffleboard table and is sure to be a lot of fun to play on. There are a few different companies that offer these over sized tables, so you need to make sure to consider the quality of the table when shopping.
Since these tables are so much longer than traditional shuffleboard tables, you must make sure that they have ample support along their length. If you do not, then you can easily run into problems with the table warping or sinking. Plenty of support as well as a very thick playing field will help to keep these tables in great condition.
A lot goes into choosing the best shuffleboard table for your home or business. If space is not an issue and you want to make sure that everyone who is familiar with shuffleboard enjoys playing on your table, then you may want to consider buying a regulation table. However, there are wonderful options that are larger and smaller, depending on your needs and desires.